Lakshmipathy Balaji, previous India pacer, has been named bowling coach of Indian Premier League franchise Kolkata Knight Riders on Tuesday.
“It is great to welcome Bala back to the KKR family,” Venky Mysore, Kolkata Knight Rider’s chief executive, said. “He was an integral part of our team and played a key role in helping us win the championship in 2012.”
Balaji, who played for Kolkata Knight Riders from 2011 to 2013, will return to the team as a replacement for Wasim Akram, who stepped down from the role citing ‘professional commitments and time limitations’.
“I had thoroughly enjoyed my stint as a player for KKR,” Balaji had said, “And I am delighted to be back to the franchise that I have admired.”
Balaji, who retired from first-class cricket in September 2016, is additionally a part of the Tamil Nadu’s coaching set-up, in the part of a knocking down some bowling mentor. Under him, Tamil Nadu’s pacer have performed exceedingly well and helped the side achieve the elimination rounds of the progressing Ranji Trophy.
Career Information of Lakshmipathy Balaji
- vs New Zealand at Sardar Patel Stadium, Oct 08, 2003
- vs Pakistan at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Mar 24, 2005
- vs West Indies at Reliance Stadium, Nov 18, 2002
- vs Sri Lanka at R.Premadasa Stadium, Feb 08, 2009
- vs New Zealand at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Sep 11, 2012
- vs South Africa at R.Premadasa Stadium, Oct 02, 2012
- vs Delhi Daredevils at Feroz Shah Kotla, May 08, 2008
- vs Kolkata Knight Riders at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Jun 01, 2014
Batting Career Summary of Lakshmipathy Balaji
Bowling Career Summary of Lakshmipathy Balaji