Prime Minister Modi recently asked people to share their first-hand views on the recent demonetization move of the government. The survey was launched on November 22, 2016 at 10 am and it received record 5 lakh responses with 30 hours.
The survey results were published by Prime Minister Modi himself on his Facebook page. The results were as expected by the government. 90% of the respondent believed that government is doing right by tackling the black money using different methods.
Below are the survey results in brief:
- 98% of the respondents thought that black money exists in India.
- 99% of the respondents thought that the evil of corruption and black money needs to be fought and eliminated.
- 90% of the respondents thought that the government’s moves to tackle black money are brilliant / nice.
- 92% of the respondents believed that Modi government’s efforts against corruption are very good/good.
- 90% of the respondents supported the Modi government’s move of banning the old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes.
- 92% of the respondents thought that demonetization will have an impact on curbing black money, corruption and terrorism.
- 66% of the respondents completely agreed that demonetization will bring real estate, higher education, and healthcare in common men’s reach.
- 48% of the respondents felt that they minded the inconvenience due to this demonetization exercise but it was worth it.
- 43% of the respondents didn’t mind the inconvenience faced in the fight to curb the corruption, black money, terrorism and counterfeiting of currency.
- Staggering 86% felt that some anti-corruption activists are actually fighting in support of black money, corruption and terrorism.
The survey received responses from 5 lack people, from over 2,000 locations around the world. Out of total 5 lack respondents 93% were from India and 24% responded in Hindi.
It is worth noting the opposition parties are fighting with government over this demonetization move. The parliament is not able to work in this winter season. The survey results are indicating the faith of people in Modi government.