PG Ph.D Commonwealth Scholarship – Recently, the British Council has opened a new scholarship scheme for the candidates who contributed to the Commonwealth games held in different countries in the world. This scheme is basically for the candidates who will pursue or are pursuing the Masters and Doctorate degree in the United Kingdom. Candidates can apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships (CSFP) on or before 16th September 2016. Find all the details below.
PG Ph.D Commonwealth Scholarship– Apply Online By 16th September
Candidates can now apply for the Scholarships by 16th September 2016. The CSFP scheme is mainly aimed at the candidates who made a contribution to their home country after completing Masters or Ph.D degree in the UK. The candidate should belong to the Commonwealth Countries.
CSFP is an annual scheme which is available only for the Commonwealth countries. Below are the names of the committees who handle the Commonwealth Scholarship in India.
- Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
- The British Council
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Ministry of Human Resource
Courses for Which the Scholarship is Applicable
- Taught Master’s Course (one year) (Note: Master Degree programs which are less than 2 years in duration, are not equivalent to Master Degree in India.
- Doctorate degree
Subjects for which the Scholarship is Available
- Engineering and Technology: (i) Electronics / Electrical (ii) Environmental Studies (iii) Remote Sensing Technology (iv) Communication Engineering Biotechnology or Biochemical Engineering (vi) Robotics (vii) Computer Applications /Computer Science (viii) Aerospace Engineering /Aeronautics (ix) Civil Engineering/Architecture (x) Material Science (xi) Mining Engineering and (xii) Marine Engineering
- Science (Pure and Applied): (i) Mathematics (ii) Molecular Biology (iii) Physics (iv) Chemistry (including Pharmaceutical/Medicinal Chemistry).
- Agriculture: (i) Agronomy & Forestry
- Humanities and Social Sciences: (i) History (ii) Sociology (iii) Management Studies (iv) Economics (v) Philosophy (vi) Psychology (vii) Law (viii) English (Literature/Linguistics) (ix) Political Science with International Relations.
Details on how to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates can apply for only one subject. If a candidate apply for more than one subject will be disqualified from the scholarship. Candidates who are only a citizen of India can apply for the scholarship. The age limit for the scholarship is 40 Years.
Interested candidates have to apply online by visiting the official page of Ministry of Human Resource Development by 3 pm on 16.09.2016 and as well as at Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS) by 15.11.2016.
For more details stay tuned to our website. If you have any query comment in the box below.